Poland Digital Nomad Visa – Latest Information

Europe welcomes all digital nomads looking to relocate and work remotely as long as they meet specific requirements. Many European countries have opened their borders for digital nomads and remote workers by introducing a digital nomad visa. 

This includes Germany, Iceland, Malta, Croatia, Chezch Republic, Estonia, and Greece. 

Poland hasn’t introduced a digital nomad visa just yet. But being a member of the EU and the Schengen Zone allows citizens from EU countries to travel, live and work in the country without applying for any visas.  

So if your dream destination is Poland, and you are not part of the EU, you will need a different type of visa.

Can I live and work remotely in Poland?

By all means, yes. Anyone looking to settle in Poland temporarily and work remotely can do so, as long as they meet certain requirements. This includes proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Poland and medical insurance, among others. 

However, you don’t need a visa to enter and stay in Poland if your home country is a member of the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA), or if your home country is part of the Schengen agreement. 

You also don’t need a visa for Poland if your home country has a visa-free agreement with Schengen. So if you are from the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Georgia, South Korea, Japan, and Thailand, you can enter Poland without a visa and stay up to 90 days in a 180-day period. 

Everyone else not on this list needs a visa to enter Poland. 

What visas do I need to live in Poland as a digital nomad?

Digital nomads are allowed to live and work in Poland with 2 types of visas:

C-type Poland Schengen Visa

The C-type visa, also known as the Schengen Visa or Uniform Schengen Visa, allows a stay of a maximum of 90 days during 180 days. During this time, the holder of the visa can travel and explore Poland or visit family members. Therefore, it is not permitted to work for a local employer or study in Poland. 

Holders of a C-type visa are prohibited by law to work during their stay. However, it falls into a grey zone for digital nomads and remote workers, as long as they work for an employer outside of Poland.  

This visa has other advantages, including traveling to all the countries in the Schengen Area throughout the validity of the visa. 

A C-type visa is only valid for 90 days, so if you are looking for a longer stay, you should apply for a D-type national visa.

D-Type National Visa

This visa applies to anyone who wishes to extend their stay in Poland for more than three months and up to one year. When the visa expires, you must reapply. 

This visa is a long-term residence permit that allows holders to study and work in Poland, including a self-employed person, and to set up a business. 

As such, it is the most common visa among digital nomads who want to do more than just explore the country.